The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve by the day. As a business and a community, we believe that we must do our part to slow the spread of the virus while we continue to operate. While this is not business as usual, our team has worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our team these past months.
As always, our online store is open, and you can contact us via email, or via our social channels 24/7. Shipments are going out as scheduled, but may be slightly delayed due to increased safety precautions at our warehouse.
When are your stores opening?
The health and safety of our team and customers is our number one priority. We are gradually reopening stores, where permitted by local government and public health authorities. As things are constantly evolving, you can find out more details on your local store here.
How are you reopening stores?
As our doors reopen, we are implementing new policies under guidance from health and safety authorities. We know things will be a little different from what you are used to in the store, but the health and safety of our customers and team is our top priority. We’re putting increased health and safety measures into place, including:
- We ask that all customers wear a face mask when inside the store.
- We are adopting contactless checkout and will only accept card payments.
- Before entering the store, we ask customers to sanitize their hands and we will have sanitization stations available.
- We ask all customers to please avoid entering the store if you are experiencing a fever or cough.
- Employees and customers are required to practice proper distancing (at least six feet) at all times. We will have markers on the floor to maintain social distancing.
- We will be limiting the number of customers in a store to accommodate distancing. At times this may mean we will ask you to wait outside the store, but you can Save Your Spot in line here.
- We are enhancing our daily cleaning protocols, including cleaning high-touch surfaces after every transaction.
- We are revising fitting room procedures to permit social distancing and avoid physical contact. Fitting rooms will be open at select stores only and cleaned between each use. Clothing will be sanitized after try-on prior to being returned to the sales floor.
In addition, we’ve also taken the following steps to prioritize the safety of our team members
- A mandatory team onboarding to review store changes and updated safety protocols.
- All employees will receive temperature and health screening before starting work.
- We are providing face masks for our team and masks must be worn at all times.
- All employees are supplied with gloves to wear if they prefer. Regardless, we are requiring employees to wash or sanitize their hands frequently, and allocating time for frequent handwashing breaks to all team members.
Can I contact my local store?
Yes. Feel free to call or text your local store (even if it is still closed). A team member will respond when available and can check if an item is in stock or to place something on hold. All products can be held for 48 hours. Contact your local store here.
Can I return products in-store?
Yes. We are accepting returns within 30 days of purchase.
Do you offer curbside shopping?
Select stores are opening with curbside service. You can check on your local store here. You will be able to shop, exchange, and return curbside without needing to enter the store.
What is the plan for online fulfillment?
Our distribution center is currently up and running and taking extensive precautions to ensure the safety of its workers. We’re continuing to closely monitor local and governmental guidelines to ensure our fulfillment workers are cared for.
Will my shipment be delayed?
You may experience temporary delays in the ordering process as a result of the additional safety measures we are employing to help protect our teams and our customers. We expect orders to ship within 1-2 business days from the date of purchase. Should you need to edit the address for your shipment or request a cancellation, you can do so by logging into your Everlane account and navigating to your Orders & Returns. We will advise with next steps once you have filled in the form.
For International Express Shipment Carrier Delays, please check here.
For International Standard Shipment Carrier Delays, please check here.
How can I return or exchange?
In response to COVID-19, we have waived mail-in return fees for US returns. Our return window is 30 days for domestic returns and 45 for international. If your return is at risk of falling outside of this window, please contact us for more information.
What is happening with your factories during this time?
Currently, most of our factories are still open. We have been in constant communication with our factories, suppliers, and distribution center to ensure they are each putting protections in place for their workers.
How are factories taking care of their employees?
Our factories have been going above and beyond to ensure the safety of their workers and are following all government guidelines. All factory workers have paid sick leave and are required to stay at home if they are unwell. Additionally, each factory is enacting stringent measures for optimal hygiene, such as setting up sanitizing stations at each workstation and throughout the workplace, temperature-checking, and educating employees on health and safety. The issue is constantly evolving and we are laser-focused on monitoring new developments at all levels of the supply chain.
How has COVID-19 impacted team operations?
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone around the world, and Everlane is no exception. You can find more information on how it has impacted our business in a note from our founder.
We heard there was an interest in unionizing at Everlane. What happened?
For context, four months ago a select group of our remote customer experience team expressed interest in forming a union. Everlane has and always will support workers’ rights to choose to unionize via the democratic election process outlined by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). In the four months since this started, there was never a petition filed with the NLRB to begin that process.
In the past few days, some have said that Everlane used the COVID-19 pandemic as a way to end internal union-organizing efforts on our customer experience team. We would never do that. Firing as a form of union-busting is unethical and illegal. This has been an incredibly challenging time, and this decision was not in any way related to unionization efforts.
While we had to let go of 42 part-time customer experience team members—14% percent of the total layoff—we were able to convert 16 to full-time positions with health benefits. We sincerely apologize to anyone who felt wronged in this process.